Edlis has been around in some type of way since 1888. We are proud of the history that we have established in Pittsburgh. We even have a section at the Heinz History Museum.
Edlis was started in 1888 by Adolph Edlis. Edlis has not only been a beauty supply store but also a manufacturer. Edlis started on Wylie Avenue in the Hill District. Through the century plus that Edlis has been open, They have had locations on Liberty Avenue, Smithfield Street, The Boulevard of the Allies and a location in Charleston, WV.